On December 16, Huawei held a release event for HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer beta in Beijing. Officials stated that HarmonyOS is a full-scenario distributed operating system for the Internet of Everything era. Huawei hopes to work with partners and developers to create a super terminal experience for the Internet of Everything era.
Wang Chenglu, president of Huawei’s consumer BG software department, believes that HarmonyOS is the key to the era of Internet of Everything. In 2021, more than 100 million devices will become the new entrance to IoT. In addition, Wang Chenglu brings developers HarmonyOS design tools, DevEco Studio 2.0 Beta 3.0 version, and other development tools, which greatly reduces the development difficulty of HarmonyOS developers. One-time development can be applied to mobile phones, watches, large screens, and other devices.
In addition, HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta has started online public beta recruitment, recruiting models to include Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei Mate30, Huawei Mate30 Pro, and Huawei MatePad Pro.
This public beta activity is aimed at developers. The official offers two ways to participate. One is to use the remote simulator in HUAWEI DevEco Studio and download the DevEco Studio 2.0 Beta3 version from the HarmonyOS official website. The second is to use the exclusive OTA upgrade, once the registration is successful, you can get an OTA push.
The public beta version adds 15,000+ APIs, supporting the development of mobile phones, Pads, large screens, wearables, car applications. It has features including a distributed application framework, distributed UI controls, and DevEco Studio 2.0 Beta3.
Sina Mobile Channel shared the hands-on video of HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer Beta. Experiencers said that as far as this version is concerned, the UI is no different from Android-based EMUI 11, and it was confirmed on the spot that the new system can be compatible with Android programs.
HarmoyOS 2.0 mobile phone developer beta provides the following main functions:
- Brand-new mobile phone UI controls, adding 50+ UI controls for developers to develop mobile HarmonyOS applications, unifying the UI interactive experience of multiple devices.
- The HarmonyOS application framework supports mobile phones and supports rapid migration, connection, circulation, and no-installation loading of HarmonyOS applications on multiple devices.
- Provides Windows and MaC platform development and compilation tool chain experience to facilitate developers to quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- Provide 40+ Sample Codes for mobile developers, which is convenient for developers to quickly understand and adapt to the HarmonyOS interface and development methods.
- Open distributed capability interfaces such as multi-modal perception, and support the perception of a variety of mobile states of users.
- Provides a standardized input method framework and capabilities, and developers can develop multiple input methods and functions.
- Provide standardized telephone system interface capabilities.
- Provide a complete barrier-free development framework, developers can easily develop applications.
- Provides standardized distributed data management capabilities. Developers can call standardized distributed DB interfaces to realize real-time data synchronization between devices.
- Enhance the capacity of the account system to incorporate unaccounted devices into the HarmonyOS distributed system.