In this guide, I’ll explain how to disassemble Dell Vostro 3446 to remove and replace the DVD drive, hard drive, keyboard, palm rest, wireless card, RAM, heat sink, cooling fan, speaker, and motherboard.
Looking for more guides? Follow us on Facebook for all the latest repair news.
- Unlock and remove the battery.
- Battery capacity is 40Wh.
- Remove one screw securing the service cover. Remove the cover.
- Under the service cover, you can find the hard drive, RAM, and wireless card.
- Separate the clips. Memory will automatically pop up.
- The laptop comes with a Samsung 4GB memory.
- Remove one screw securing the hard drive assembly. Lift the black tape, slide it to the left to disconnect from the motherboard.
- It features a 500GB Seagate hard drive.
- Disconnect two antenna cables and remove one screw securing the wireless card.
- Wireless card
- Remove all screws from the bottom case.
- Pull out the DVD drive.
- Turn over your laptop. Lift the keyboard and disconnect the keyboard cable from the motherboard.
- The keyboard has been removed.
- Disconnect two cables and remove three screws securing the palm rest.
- The palm rest has been removed.
- The USB board is connecting to the motherboard via a white data cable.
- Disconnect the white cable.
- The USB board has removed.
- The speaker fixed by a holder, disconnect the speaker cable and remove the speaker.
- Two speakers
- Remove all screws securing the motherboard. Disconnect all cables from the motherboard. You can remove the motherboard.
- You can see, the heat sink is very long. Loosen five screws. You can remove the heat sink.
- The heat sink has been removed.
Join our plan to get a free laptop part, such as battery, keyboard and more.