In this guide, I’ll explain how to disassemble Dell Inspiron 11-3147 to remove and replace the battery, hard drive, RAM, touchpad, wireless card, heat sink, cooling fan, speaker, and motherboard.
Want to stay connected to the MyFixGuide.com? Follow us on Facebook to check out the latest teardown news.
- Remove nine screws from the bottom case.
- Carefully remove the bottom case, you can use a guitar pick to pry up the case.
- Under the bottom case, you can find the hard drive, battery, RAM, wireless card, speakers, heat sink and cooling fan.
Remove three screws securing the battery. You can remove the battery.
- The laptop using an 11.1v, 43wh Li-ion battery, Dell P/N: GK5KY.
- The battery has been removed.
- Separate the clips. The memory will pop up automatically. Take it away from its slot.
- It comes with a Samsung 4GB PC3L-12800S memory.
- Remove the screws securing the hard drive module. Disconnect the SATA cable from the motherboard.
- Remove four screws securing the heat sink. You can remove the heatsink/cooling fan module.
- Dell Inspiron 11-3147 heatsink/cooling fan module
- Disconnect two antennas and remove one screw securing the wireless card. Take it away from its slot.
- the wireless card
- The sub-board is connecting to the motherboard via a cable.
- The cable, remove it.
- Disconnect touchpad cable and speaker cable. Remove the screws securing the motherboard.
- Now you can remove the motherboard.
- The Intel processor
- The motherboard has been removed.
- the sub-board
- the speaker
For more guides, check out the ell Inspiron 11-3147 device page.