In this guide, I’ll explain how to disassemble HP ProBook 430 G1 remove and replace the hard drive, keyboard, palm rest, RAM, wireless card, bottom case, heat sink, cooling fan and motherboard.
Want to stay connected to the MyFixGuide.com? Follow us on Facebook to check out the latest teardown news.
- Unlock and remove the battery.
- Remove two screws securing the service cover.
- Lift the remove the service cover.
- Now you can get access to the hard drive, ram and wireless card.
- The laptop has two memory slots, and you can upgrade the memory simply.
- Separate the clips and remove the memory.
- Samsung 4GB PC3L-12800S RAM
- Remove four screws securing the hard drive module. You can remove the hard drive.
- It comes with an HGST 500GB 7200RPM hard drive.
- Remove two screws securing the wireless card and disconnect two antennas.
- The wireless card
- Now remove all screws from the bottom case.
- Turn over the laptop.
- Pry up the keyboard and disconnect the keyboard cable, you can remove the keyboard.
- Disconnect four cables and remove the screws securing the palm rest.
- Pry up and remove the palm rest.
- Palm rest
- USB board.
- When palm rest removed, you can get access to the motherboard, speakers, heat sink and cooling fan.
- Remove three screws securing the cooling fan and remove the cooling fan.
- the cooling fan
- The motherboard has been removed.
- Loosen four screws securing the heat sink and remove it.
For more guides, check out the HP ProBook 430 G1 device page.