This is a brand new, genuine backlit keyboard for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5 6 7 8 9. Please confirm the model of your laptop, each generation of keyboards is incompatible with each other.
X1C series laptops use a built-in keyboard, that is, its keyboard is installed on the C-cover. In order to replace the keyboard, you need to remove the C-cover. I do not recommend that you replace it yourself. Please go to the repair shop to find a qualified person to replace it.
In addition, we also have C-cover with keyboard for ThinkPad X1 Carbon in stock, you can decide whether to choose a single keyboard or C-cover with keyboard assembly according to your needs.
1. This is a US English language keyboard with backlit.
Condition: Genuine, Brand new
Warranty: One (1) Year
Backlit keyboard for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen replacement Tips:
1. Please verify that the part number, description, and image match the existing keyboard.
2. If you need to replace the keyboard yourself, please enter the BIOS to disable the built-in battery.
3. Remove all the screws that secure the bottom cover, insert a plastic sheet between the bottom cover and the body, and then slide the sheet to separate the bottom cover from the body.
4. Disconnect the battery cable and remove the battery, remove all the components covering the keyboard, including the motherboard, SSD, etc.
5. Remove the keyboard from C-cover and install a new keyboard.