This is a brand new, genuine backlit keyboard for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Gen. Please check your X1 Carbon generation, as the keyboard is different for each generation of X1 Carbon.
1. This is a US English language keyboard with a backlit.
2. It is not compatible with European keyboards, such as German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, UK, Norwegian, Danish, etc., if you need a keyboard in European languages, please email us to confirm stock
Condition: Genuine, Brand new
Warranty: One (1) Year
X1 Carbon 5th Gen 2017 (Type 20HR, 20HQ, 20K4, 20K3)
X1 Carbon 6th Gen 2018 (Type 20KH, 20KG)
X1 Carbon 7th Gen 2019 (Type 20QD, 20QE, 20R1, 20R2)
X1 Carbon 8th Gen 2020 (Type 20U9, 20UA)
X1 Carbon 9th Gen 2021 (Type 20XW, 20XX)
X1 Carbon 10th Gen 2022 (Type 21CB, 21CC)
How to identify your ThinkPad X1 Carbon generation
On the bottom cover of your laptop, you will find your laptop model, for example: 7th generation X1 Carbon, which is located in the lower left corner, or next to the grille (air outlet).
Keyboard for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th Gen Replacement Tips:
1. Please verify that the part number, description, and image match the existing keyboard.
2. If you need to replace the keyboard yourself, please enter the BIOS to disable the built-in battery.
3. Remove all the screws that secure the bottom cover, insert a plastic sheet between the bottom cover and the body, and then slide the sheet to separate the bottom cover from the body.
4. Disconnect the battery cable and remove the battery, and remove all the components covering the keyboard, including the motherboard, SSD, etc.
5. Remove the keyboard from C-cover and install a new keyboard.
Marlene E (verified owner) –
I received the keyboard yesterday and spent more than an hour today installing it on my laptop. Very good.