This is an original, brand new keyboard for HP EliteBook 830 G5 and EliteBook 735 G5, the keyboard has backlit version and non-backlit version, L13698-001 is a non-backlit version, and L13697-001 is a backlit version, if your laptop comes with a non-backlit keyboard, you can upgrade it to a backlit keyboard.
EliteBook 735 G5
EliteBook 830 G5
Backlit: Yes or No
Color: Black keycap and silver frame
Condition: Original, Brand New
Warranty: One (1) Year
1. Shut down the laptop and disconnect all external devices connected to the laptop.
2. Loosen the seven captive screws that secure the bottom cover.
3. Using a thin plastic case opener separate the bottom cover from the palmrest assembly. The bottom cover has many hidden latches fastening it to the palmrest. You need to move the case opener along the side and unfasten all latches.
4. Disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard.
5. Remove the two Phillips M2.0×3.0 screws that secure the keyboard to the laptop.
6. Insert a screwdriver into the hole near the cooling fan, and then press on the back of the keyboard until it disengages from the laptop.
7. Place the keyboard the front side down on the palmrest, and then disconnect the keyboard cable and backlit cable from the motherboard.
Morten H –
I bought the backlit keyboard for my EliteBook 830 G5, the keyboard work fine on my laptop.