This is a brand new, original backlit keyboard for Lenovo ThinkPad T490s and ThinkPad T495s that compatible with part number 02HM208, 02HM244, 02HM280, 02HM316, 02HM388, 02HM424, 02HM424, and 02HM460. The keyboard has eight different part numbers, but they are compatible with each other, just made by different manufacturers.
1. It is a backlit keyboard only, without C-cover.
2. It is a 100% original keyboard with manufacturer part number and model.
Condition: brand new, Original
Warranty: One (1) Year
1. The item includes a keyboard cable and backlit cable.
2. Because the ThinkPad T490 uses a built-in keyboard, to replace the keyboard, you need to remove the main internal components such as the bottom cover and motherboard. This replacement work takes a long time and many processes, so I don't recommend replacing it by yourself.
3. If you want to replace this keyboard by yourself, after removing the bottom cover, please disconnect the battery cable and then remove other internal components to avoid damage to your laptop due to a short circuit.
I bought this keyboard and replaced it in less than 2 hours instead of giving my laptop away for warranty repair (at least a couple of weeks and the whole disk wiped). Totally worth it!
I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV4FceJPLgs as a reference for how to do this. T490s is a bit different inside, but the video is close enough, there was a large sticky tape covering the whole keyboard and the small screws. A very important detail for T490s is that there are 2 screws under the left and right touchpad buttons. Just remove the buttons to access the screws.
My keyboard is broken, and there are two keycaps off. If I replace the entire top cover assembly, it will cost more than 200 dollars, so I bought this single keyboard, it is working fine on my T490s.
If you are a school, repair shop, or enterprise user, please join our Business to Business Discount Plan to get up to 30% discount, check out at https://www.myfixguide.com/store/wholesale/