MyFixGuide.com is a website for guiding you how to take apart your laptops, tablet pc, cell phones and other digital devices. We have profession technicist, exquisite technology and the best services to ensure that no mistake will be made during the disassembly. If you want to share with others about how to take apart your laptop to replace the hardware, just one-key register and then you can do it at MyFixGuide.com.
Now we offer a perfect plan for our users, if you submits a repair guide, then you can get a free laptop parts (including keyboard, cooling fan, lcd cable, LCD screen, motherboard, dc jack, WLAN card, inverter, 2nd caddy etc.) with free shipping
- Stephen: There is no power coming on the board at all.
- Stephen: I have the same X220 i5 motherboard it was working alright but I was hearing a noise from where the fun is and all of a sadden it went off, OI thought it was the battery. I connect the charger nothing shows I went in for different charger and the same battery but still nothing shows up I disassemble the Laptop I connect the motherboard with only the charge yet still and is like there is power coming on the board at all and am very sure the adapter am using is working perfectly. Any idea how to troubleshoot the Lenovo x220 i5 motherboard.
- Todor Tanev: Yep, Adam, Jose, I am also interested, because there are already four missing of my unit... :) Also I think the latest fall broke the heatpipe cooler (known also as Asus U38N THERMAL MODULE ASSY), because a simple loading of some page with FF brings the CPU to 90 degrees C and it immediately starts to throttle. Anyway, thanks for the pictures, this is how i found the P/N of the heatpipe. :)
- Jason August: Not 2.5". As noted earlier in the teardown, SSD slot type is M.2 NGFF.
- Brendan: Have you got pixel lines coming up in your screen too? I've got that at the moment and looking for a strip down so I can replace it
- GW: Would it be possible for you to do a guide for the lid/screen disassembly? Got a nasty scratch/crack on the top of the lid so am moving the screen/bezel to a new lid. Thanks so much!
- Martin Syversen: Great article indeed. To answer the question about the glue... Yes the screen is glued to the chassis. The screen is glued along the edge of the screen. From the edge and about 4-7mm inwards. I have to tress, you replace the screen at own risk, but this is how i replaced mine with a new screen and digitizer from ebay. * Try and heat up the edge of the screen with a hairblower or other, so the glue let go more easily. Beware though not to use excessive heat. (I didn't heat my screen long enough for the heat to travel through the screen and ended up prying the screen from the chassis and peeling of the excess glue.) * To loosen the screen pry it open with a screw driver or other by running through one of the slots near the edge of the chassis. I started in a corner and worked myself from there. * Be careful along the rest stand, as the plastic "anchors" can get damaged. Fear not though, the screen itself has some support also so the plastic won't give when you get another screen if some anchors get broken. * Toss the screen away as it is garbage now... mine was at least. * Get a new one. (Screen + Digitizer) I got mine cheap at Ebay. * My new screen didn't come with adhesive or glue/ but i had great success with a superglue/gel compound from Loctite... think it's called extreme repair. * Connect the cables, and put you're table back together. ** Great Success.
- Melissa: How is this supposed to help at all? Pictures with no tutorial? Actual advice on how you managed to get the back off the phone and removed the pieces would be helpful.
- Chang: The code on my old front camera is P5V45B S B1447 And code on new front camera is P5V45B S C1519 Does the diference of code will cause not functining also? Or is there any probability of other hardware failure that causes dissability of front camera? Hope you can assist me in reparing the lfront camera
- Chang: my front camera is having problem and i bought the spare part from china to repair it. But unfortunately the new 1 is still not working. Or got any steps need to do after installing new front camera in the phone?
- Filip Jadowski: Yes. I don't want to overpay and I'm certain it's only the fault of the connector on the antennas because it got pulled out while rescuing a sim card that turned out to be too small.
- Rajendra garhwal: Awesome work!!! My battery connector got cut into two halves, where can I get this part?
- David: Yes! you can try, but i think this problem is caused by graphics card.
- Rakesh JB: My Inspiron 15 5547 laptop windows in not booting up windows turns up to login user and password screen starts blinking i did diagnostic test found hard drive not connected wat to do shall i disassemble HD and connect same it will work ?
- Evan Adams: Can you post a closeup of the left side fan on motherboard. You just have photos of the right side (ssd side) fan. Mine is grinding and I am comparing photos & part #'s online to replace it. Would love full resolution photos to be able to zoom in on part #'s etc....