MyFixGuide.com is a website for guiding you how to take apart your laptops, tablet pc, cell phones and other digital devices. We have profession technicist, exquisite technology and the best services to ensure that no mistake will be made during the disassembly. If you want to share with others about how to take apart your laptop to replace the hardware, just one-key register and then you can do it at MyFixGuide.com.
Now we offer a perfect plan for our users, if you submits a repair guide, then you can get a free laptop parts (including keyboard, cooling fan, lcd cable, LCD screen, motherboard, dc jack, WLAN card, inverter, 2nd caddy etc.) with free shipping
- McMurphy: Great analysis and tear down. Could you tell me the size of one single key on the keyboard? Is it 12x12 or 14x14 mm? Thanks in advance
- Andrew: NO- SATA can NOT go 2 drives on one port thats the rule, not without a separate controller anyway. And secondly dont do that to your laptop, while i can appreciate your initiative i wont condone it. M.2 x 128Gb are like $35-40 right now (buy 2) you really have no valid reason to do a hack job like that. A 256 is about 60-70$ Now having learned you still have a Platter drive you want to keep i would either get and $8 USB adapter for it and put your ssd in the sata slot or get a ultra-bay tray for one of those drives. I have an Ultrabay on my older 72 not this S series but it should be the same. After the cost of those cable/adapters the correct drive(s) would be cheaper also. Your looking at about $50-ish just for adapters. And theirs NO way your going to be able to re-sell that thing like that when its time to upgrade to a newer laptop. You have an S you have -- 4 x M.2 Socket 2 for M and 2 for B Key Type 2280
- Jorge: Did you test it out of circuit without load or in the circuit? Powered down ? ...Im trying to find the cause also but they say its the processor chip,bad solder joints.So ive been trying to track down a site to order a new pcb from.No luck yet.
- sorin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJITXKQmC90 It is safe to fallow this guy or is there another way ,as i said ,to connect two ribon cords in the same slot ?
- sorin: Tthank you for your answer ,this is what i was looking .Now,can i put two in the same port ? because my HDD is connectet already so i would have to put them both in the same port as i cant see another one free
- Andrew: This is your sata cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GT72-DOMINATOR-MS-1781-Hard-Drive-SATA-Connector-W-cable-/192017597062?hash=item2cb5240286:g:kFsAAOSwnbZYG0D9 Not sure there is an adapter if your trying to put this in the raid card slot, You may need to spend the extra $5 and buy the correct drive.
- Ryan V: Where can one buy a replacement keyboard for the Yoga 900? I've googled around quite a bit and I can't seem to find one. Thanks!
- sorin: hi there .my ssd m2 is about to die.so i bought a 275 gb ssd 2.5 inch .but when i opened and tryed to connect i noticed that i dont have a cable for that .could you please tell me what conectors i need ? thank you
- Sourojyoti: Hey guys i am about to purchase a acer laptop. A similar model to this one. Acer E 15 Core i5 4th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Linux/2 GB Graphics) UN.MV2SI.001 E5-572G Notebook http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/acer-e-15-core-i5-4th-gen-4-gb-1-tb-hdd-linux-2-gb-graphics-un-mv2si-001-e5-572g-notebook/p/itmencuxfvypjhfn?pid=COMENCUVDGWW8EXB&cmpid=product.share.pp This one doesnt have a disk drive. But has the space for it. So can i add a hdd caddy to add a ssd or hdd in that space? Or do i have to buy the one with the optical drive to do so?
- David: Its a half size msata SSD. I found a interesting article http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3669513613 (the article in chinese), the author move the screw column to install the standard msata SSD.
- Unai: Its a msata-mini ssd, but can i mount a standard size msata?
- Unai: What form factor is the ssd? I read that it is an msata, bus its not the same size as a standard msata.
- David: Yes! you can replace the 24GB SSD by a 120GB SSD.
- Pat: I'm curious, too. Mine seems to be very loose.
- Unai: Can I change that 24gb ssd and put a 120gb ssd?