Yesterday, Realme officially announced that the upcoming GT Neo series’ successor, “Realme GT Neo 5,” will feature the world’s fastest 240W fast charging for the first time in the history of smartphones. After the announcement, the leaks and rumors regarding the upcoming phone are getting revealed.
This morning, Realme GT Neo 5 surfaced on TENAA certification with two different model numbers. The first one is RMX3706, with 150W fast charging, and the second one is RMX3708 which would support the all-new 240W charging technology.
The specifications of both devices are discussed below, along with their renders:
- 6.74 inches AMOLED Display with Full-HD+ Resolution (2772 x 1240)
- 1.07 Billion Display’s Color Depth
- Dimensions: 163.85×75.75×8.9(mm) and Weight: 199g
- Octa-Core chipset with 3.0GHz frequency (Snapdragon 8 Gen1)
- 5000mAh Dual-Cell Battery (in RMX3706)/4600mAh Dual-Cell Battery (in RMX3708)
- Triple Rear Camera Setup (50MP+8MP+2MP) and Front 16MP Lens
- Under Display Fingerprint Sensor
- 8GB, 12GB, and 16GB RAM with 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB Storage
As observed in the renders, the AMOLED display (in Realme GT Neo 5) consists of a single punch-hole in the center top. The chipset is probably the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 as the peak frequency of both chipsets is the same. However, some sources also stated that the chipset might be Snapdragon 8+ Gen1.
The specifications of both models are the same except for the battery capacities. The RMX3706 features a 5000mAh dual-cell battery (2425mAh*2) with 150W charging support, while the RMX3708 features a 4600mAh dual-cell battery (2225mAh*2) with 240W charging support (the fastest in the smartphone’s history).
The camera module’s design is also quite different in both models. The RMX3706 has a large-sized camera bump in which the camera module is placed at the left. At the same time, the RMX3708 has a simple rectangle-shaped camera module in which two further circles are placed.
The official launch date for all-new Realme GT Neo 5 is expected to be announced soon.