In this guide, I’ll explain how to disassemble HP Envy 15-j000 to remove and replace the battery, hard drive, wireless card, RAM, heat sink, cooling fan, and motherboard.
Looking for more guides? Follow us on Facebook for all the latest repair news.
Note: Please make sure turn off your laptop and remove the ac adapter.
- Unlock and remove the battery.
- Remove one screw securing the service cover. You remove the service cover.
- Here’s service cover.
- The laptop comes with an Sk Hynix 4GB PC3L-12800S memory.
- Disconnect two antenna cables. Remove one screw securing the wireless card.
- There is no screw securing the hard drive, lift up the hard drive and disconnect the SATA cable.
- Remove all screws from the bottom case. Remove the plastic caps. Under the plastic caps, you will find the hidden screws.
- Remove the Hidden screws.
- The bottom case
- Remove three screws securing the cooling fan. Disconnect the cooling fan cable.
- Cooling fan
- Loosen seven screws securing the heat sink and remove it.
- Disconnect the LCD cable, dc jack cable and other cables. Remove all screws securing the motherboard.
- HP Envy 15-j000 motherboard
- USB board